We just joined Mr. Mayorkas on a teleconference, where he provided us with some new information regarding the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) process. Here some of the points that were discussed:
- The form will NOT be available and/or accepted by USCIS until August 15, 2012
- The applicant can have obtained his/her GED after June 15, 2012
- If the case is denied an appeal will not be available
- Only those who are currently detained will have to start the process with ICE. All other applicants will make the request directly through USCIS.
- Individuals with a felony or multiple misdemeanor charges will NOT be eligible
- An interview will not be required, unless there’s a concern about the applicant
- Fee waivers cannot be requested for the application for employment authorization and biometric collection. However, fee exemptions will be available in limited circumstances
Although U. S Citizenship and Immigration Services provided us with more information today, they did inform us that more details will come up as we near August 15, 2012. We ask for everyone to have some “Patience” as mentioned on a previous blog, and please make sure you seek help from the right people. Here’s a link to help you avoid scams: www.uscis.gov/avoidscams know that the forms are still being developed by USCIS and will be available on August 15, 2012.